Saudi Arabia : Fire breaks out in a windowless house, 10 Indians killed

NEW DELHI : 10 Indians died and six others injured when flames spread through a house in gold market area Najran in Saudi Arabia.

The house had no windows or any other kind of ventilation and all the victims died of asphyxiation.

Those injured include four Indians and are being treated in a hospital in Jeddah. Six of them are said to be in critical condition.

We received information regarding fire though a security patrol around 4 am and rushed to the spot, Najran Civil Defense spokesman Capt. Abdullah Al-Farie said.

External ministry was notified when  a woman sought help from its minister Sushma Swaraj’s help to bring back mortal remains of her loved one killed in the blaze.

“I have spoken to Consul General Jeddah. Najran is 900 kms from Jeddah. Our staff is rushing by first flight available.” said Swaraj.

Prince Jluwi expressed concern at living conditions of foreign workers and said authorities must stop companies from renting accommodations unfit for living.

The fire broke following short circuit in an old air-conditioning unit, according to sources close to primary investigations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.