Prime minister Narendra Modi launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission to provide a digital Health ID to every people in the country. The mission has been introduced in the country to bring changes in the health care sector, said the PM. On August 15, 2020, the pilot project of the Mission was implemented from the ramparts of the Red Fort and it was being implemented in the pilot phase in six Union Territories.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- A unique digital ID that will be provided to the people of the country will contain all the health records of the person. So far, one lakh Id cards have been made under the National DIgital Health System. Along with that, Personal health records can be linked and viewed with the help of a mobile application. This is the Healthcare Professionals Registry and Healthcare Facilities Registries that will act as a locker of all healthcare providers across both modern and traditional systems of medicine.
- The health ID will also act as a health account for the citizens and will include all the information about the medical history of a patient. Along with the details, prescriptions by doctors will also be included. It can be accessed anywhere in the country by the patient as well as doctors.
- The Prime Minister said that by implementing the mission, time wastage in emergencies can be overcome. Moreover, the mission will also help the poor and middle-class people the most. Prime Minister then added that digital infrastructure for the health sector will also result in the emergence of the country’s tourism.
- This mission will create interoperability within the digital health ecosystem. This is almost like the role played by the Unified Payments Interface in revolutionizing payments.
- PM also said the government is working on setting up health and critical care infrastructure in all the districts of the country amid the Covid pandemic.