Kerala trekker rescue- the most adventurous one in Kerala; Here are some incredible rescues around the world

After the long efforts of the rescue workers and the waiting and prayers of Kerala, a young man from Kerala’s Malampuzha hill reached the top of the hillock.  Babu came back to life through the safe hands of the Indian Army. Bala, a soldier, tied Babu to his body with a safety rope and lifted him to a safe place at the top of the hill. 

Babu climbed the Cherad Hill in Malampuzha along with two friends on Monday. Babu kept climbing even after his friends abandoned the effort, and reached the top, but he slipped and was trapped between two rocks. The Indian Army, state police, forest officials, and locals came together for the arduous task of climbing the steep hills. This is the first time in Kerala that a person has been rescued from a 600-foot-high hillock on a 1,000-foot-high hill. It has been considered the most adventurous rescue operation in Kerala recently, as there was a big effort needed to make the result happen. Here are incredible rescue stories around the world:

Thailand cave rescue

In June and July 2018, a junior association football team was rescued from the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in Chiang Rai Province in northern Thailand. Twelve members of the team, aged eleven to sixteen, and their 25-year-old assistant coach entered the cave on 23 June after a football practice session. Shortly afterward, heavy rains partially flooded the cave system, blocking their exit and trapping them inside.

A worldwide audience followed every twist and turn of the week-long operation by cave divers, survival specialists, and medics in Thailand as they raced against rising waters to get the boys out. The resume team planned several strategies to help the team out from the cave. It included whether to teach them basic underwater diving skills to enable their early rescue, to wait until a new entrance to the cave was found or drilled, or to wait for the floodwaters to subside by the end of the monsoon season months later. The death of a retired Thai Navy SEAL underlined the difficulty of the operation. But sorrow turned to joy as the team were brought out in groups of four or five, and by the night they were recovering in hospital.

Man under Mumbai building collapse

Khalid Khan was trapped under a collapsed building in the western Indian city of Mumbai for nearly 10 hours before workers were able to rescue him. He recorded parts of this video for his wife, in case he didn’t make it out. More than 40 people were killed when the building collapsed on 21 September, while at least 20 others were rescued.

More than 40 people were killed when the building collapsed on 21 September, while at least 20 others were rescued. Khalid Khan’s rescue was one of the incredible operations in India. 

German cave 2014

More than 700 emergency personnel worked to rescue Johann Westhauser after he sustained a serious head injury deep inside a German cave system on June 8, 2014. The 52-year-old was with two other people when a rockfall caused the head injury. One made the hours-long walk back to the surface to raise the alarm, while the other stayed with Westhauser.

His injury made it impossible for him to move, and rescue workers and medical professionals from five countries worked to medically evacuate him from a spot 1,000 metres (3,300 feet) below ground. His rescuers battled dangerous conditions and near-freezing temperatures as they methodically negotiated a treacherous network of tunnels and chambers, underground lakes, and ice-cold waterfalls.He was eventually hauled out of the cave system on a stretcher 11 days after being injured, in an operation local officials said had seemed “simply impossible.”

Read Also: Indian Army rescues trapped Kerala trekker; The first-ever most audacious rescue operation in Kerala

French cave rescue 1999

On November 22, 1999, rescuers reached seven men who had been trapped in a cave system in southwest France for 10 days. The men, all experienced cavers, became trapped in the caves at Vitarelles when heavy storms caused flooding, cutting them off from the exits. The rescue team eventually reached them after squeezing into one of the shafts and following an underground river. The men had carefully rationed their food and still had enough water and lighting gas for two days when they were rescued. All were in good health.