When you are hacked by someone on the internet, not always you be able to know it at the exact moment. However, there will be some notifications by google that remind you about your google verification. If there occurs an attempt to change your Gmail username and password, Gmail sends warning messages to its users with a text message, “we’ve detected suspicious activity on your account”. If such types of messages come to your inbox, sometimes you skip them and stop receiving them.
However, in such cases, you need to take a look into the matter and should follow some steps to make sure that your account is safe and secure. The first thing you need to know is who is trying to access your account as there is a chance of logging into your account from anywhere around the world.
Google has introduced a password check-up add-on for the Google Chrome web browser in 2019. As per the guideline by Google, you can follow some steps to find whether your account has been hacked or not.
- A free password Checkup software has been introduced by Google Chrome, in this, the users can download it and it will let you know if your account details have been compromised in a cyber attack.
- After installing it, the Chrome extension will start running in the background of the browser.
- If your password and username match with the one that is there with the database of Google, then it will be automatically flagged by the software.
- An alert will pop up on the screen as “password checkup detected that the password of yours for the website is no longer safe due to unwanted data breach. Then you will have to change the password.
- If the data has already been hacked, then the tool will let you know if any of your passwords are compromised the next time you log into chrome.
- The list of accounts that tried to steal your account will be shown after the procedures.