Amidst the raging heatwave in India, some of the states across the country came with announcements regarding the early summer holiday closure of schools. Schools in the states are recently opened and welcomed the students after 2 years of their closure due to the Covid-19 outbreak. However, some states have decided to early announce the summer holidays after identifying a scorching heat.
List of states:
- West Bengal: The capital city Kolkata had decided to suspend in-person classes this week and two other schools have reduced class hours because of the heat spell. The state government pointed out that the decision was due to rising mercury in the state. The state government announced that the holiday will start on May 2.
- Uttar Pradesh: The summer vacations in UP schools to begin from May 21 and continue till June 30 this year. This means students in the state will get a 51-day summer holiday in 2022.
- Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh: Most of the schools in Bhopal have decided to end classes from April 29 on their own. Puducherry: All schools in Puducherry are to be closed for the summer holidays for Classes 1 to 9 from April 30.
- Karnataka: The state government announced the summer holidays in the state from April 10 to May 15. The students in Andra Pradesh on the other hand will get summer vacations from May 6 to July 4 this year.
- Chhattisgarh: The state school education department of Chhattisgarh has announced that the summer holidays this year will begin on April 24 and will end on June 14.
- Odisha: Summer vacations in Odisha were cut short by 35 days this year and have been announced for June 6 to June 16. Due to the prevailing heatwave in the state, a five-day suspension of classes for all students has been announced from April 26 to April 30.